UrtheCast Corp. is a Vancouver-based technology company that serves the rapidly evolving geospatial and geoanalytics markets with a wide range of information-rich products and services. The Company currently operates four Earth Observation sensors in space, including two cameras aboard the International Space Station and two satellites, Deimos-1 and Deimos-2.
Imagery and video data captured by these sensors are downlinked to ground stations across the planet and displayed on UrtheCast’s cloud-based web platform, or distributed directly to partners and customers. UrtheCast is also developing and anticipates launching the world’s first fully-integrated constellation of multispectral optical and SAR satellites, called OptiSARTM, which the Company believes will revolutionize monitoring of our planet with high quality, high resolution, and high revisit imagery in all weather conditions, any time of day.
We are growing in Vancouver and searching for a Program Manager who will be responsible for managing the development, acquisition and delivery of systems and subsystems for new and on-going space-borne remote sensing programs as part of the UrtheCast Engineering organization.
- Prepare program plans, including WBS, schedule, work package descriptions, risk management plans, subcontract management plans, and budgets
- Manage the execution of a program, including staffing, reporting, corrective action planning and controlling of the program to complete successfully on time and within budget
- Establish and manage subcontracts, including:
- Working with the legal department and project managers to establish appropriate terms and conditions
- Writing of Statements of Work
- Having relevant specifications developed by the technical team
- Issuing Requests for Proposal to, and evaluation of responses from, potential subcontractors
- Establishing subcontracts, monitoring progress, and taking corrective actions as required
- Work with the Project Accountant and other Project Managers to establish the relevant budgets, prepare the project financial reports, and support the meeting of corporate financial objectives for the program, including financial month end reporting
- Manage the human resources of the program, including selection, evaluation, growth, motivation and, at the end of the program, re-assignment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline of Engineering, or equivalent
- Master’s degree preferred
- PMP an advantage
- Minimum 8-12 years of work experience in a relevant technical field; including at least 7 years of progressive experience managing development projects and programs greater than $10M
- Previous experience in space programs would be an advantage
- Experience of both hardware and software development is required
- Experience of development in an Agile environment is desired
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent people management skills
- Ability to provide direction and guidance to junior team members
- Ability to communication and work closely with executive team members
- Ability to interface confidently with various subcontractors at the management and executive levels
- Strong financial management skills
- Fast-paced, open-concept, constantly evolving
- Work occasional overtime
- Frequent short term travel will be required
What can we offer you?
- Competitive compensation, full benefits and flexible time off
- Great work environment, team and office location
- Great lunch programs will provide you with an opportunity to learn and socialize, and our Friday afternoons will set the right mood for the weekend
- Free gym membership
- Sports teams (dodgeball, soccer, volleyball etc.) and regular team events
- Fully loaded kitchen!