UrtheCast Corp. is a Vancouver-based technology company that serves the rapidly evolving geospatial and geoanalytics markets with a wide range of information-rich products and services. The Company currently operates four Earth Observation sensors in space, including two cameras aboard the International Space Station and two satellites, Deimos-1 and Deimos-2.
Imagery and video data captured by these sensors are downlinked to ground stations across the planet and displayed on UrtheCast’s cloud-based web platform, or distributed directly to partners and customers. UrtheCast is also developing and anticipates launching the world’s first fully-integrated constellation of multispectral optical and SAR satellites, called OptiSARTM, which the Company believes will revolutionize monitoring of our planet with high quality, high resolution, and high revisit imagery in all weather conditions, any time of day.
We are growing in the United States and searching for a Manager, US Commercial Sales
The Manager of US Commercial Sales is responsible for direct sales of UrtheCast products and services to new and existing commercial customers located within the Unites States. As a strategic planner and a creative thinker, the Manager of US Commercial Sales will work to achieve sales objectives by leveraging existing contacts and market experience. Target customers within the assigned region include direct (non-reseller) commercial accounts in major industry verticals, LBS corporations, value-added GIS companies as well as state and local government related opportunities.
- Leads direct sales activities within the assigned region including customer management, customer and competitive intelligence, customer engagement, strategy development, planning execution, and financial and operations management.
- Increases brand awareness within the assigned region by contacting prospective accounts, providing capabilities briefings, face-to-face meetings with executive decision makers, and attending industry events including networking sessions, tradeshows and conferences.
- Develops proposal strategy for sales opportunities. Interfaces with R&D, Customer Experience, Operations, System Engineering, and Finance departments to deconflict sales objectives and develop winning strategies.
- Participates in Sales, Customer Experience, and Operations meetings. Maintains activity reports and updates Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
- Liaises with global counterparts and shares best practice initiatives.
- Completes other scope of work/duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree in Earth Science or similar field or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 10 years related Sales experience with proven track record of category growth
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Deep knowledge of the space and Earth Observation industries, as well as associated technologies, practices, and operations
- Track record of sales success and knowledge with prospects and customers in the defined territory
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and communication skills
- Strong team-based focus with the ability to build and maintain working relationships
- Strong analytical and strategy development skills
- Ability to set own priorities and manage time accordingly
- Proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools
- Secondary language skills preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel across the United States
- Driver’s license in good standing and good driving record
- Daytime working environment with potential for weekend, evening, holiday shifts as needed to focus on priority sales efforts.
- Travel required up to 50%
What can we offer you?
- Competitive compensation, full benefits and flexible time off
- Great work environment, team and office location
- Great lunch programs will provide you with an opportunity to learn and socialize, and our Friday afternoons will set the right mood for the weekend
- Free gym membership
To learn more about UrtheCast’s platform visit www.urthecast.com.