Deimos Imaging – An UrtheCast Company | CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Job Title: Key Account Manager
Deimos Imaging, a subsidiary of UrtheCast Corp. (Canada), is a private Spanish company headquartered in Tres Cantos (Madrid) and with satellite control and processing facilities in Boecillo (Valladolid) and Puertollano (Ciudad Real).
Deimos Imaging, one of the world leading satellite imagery provider, owns and operates the DEIMOS-1 and DEIMOS-2 satellites with a 24/7 commercial service from our three facilities in Spain and through our own network of ground stations in Canada, Sweden and Norway. All the ground segment software, from mission planning to image processing, has been co-developed in-house, allowing a unique capacity to customize the service to best suite all customer needs.
Deimos Imaging provides high-quality services to clients worldwide, including imagery from our own constellation of satellites and from the satellites of our partners like the PanGeo Alliance, and value-added applications in a wide range of fields. We are currently seeking a Key Account Manager for Africa.
As a Key Account Manager, you will develop the business in the Region; interact with customers to understand and interpret their needs and requirements; prepare and deliver sale proposals and quotations; manage and develop key sales accounts.
- Analyze the market in the Region (actors, competitors, requirements, trends, potential, etc.).
- Identify potential customers and their needs, in order to expand the customer base in the Region.
- Interact with customers to understand their needs and translate these into proposals for service provisions.
- Prepare and deliver sale proposals and quotations.
- Manage key accounts. Develop and foster customer loyalty by creating business solutions focused on long-term relationship.
- Emphasize product/service features and benefits to customers and provide feedback to sales and product teams.
- Keep records of information regarding the status of each contact and sales opportunity.
- Perform professional presentations or demonstrations of company product(s)/service(s) while on-site.
- Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within client base.
- Overcome objections of prospective customers.
- Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for revenue growth.
- Periodically conduct presentations, such as seminars, trade show demonstrations, and other efforts.
- Make front-line assessment of market conditions and advise key stakeholders of findings.
- Build and maintain ongoing awareness of new products and services, competitor activities, and other research.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- University degree or equivalent in Technical Areas (Remote Sensing, Aerospace Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Geography, Aeronautic, Physics)
- MBA or equivalent will be considered an asset.
- Broad experience on a similar role.
- Must have experience in Earth Observation market or aerospace or remote sensing
- Proven track record within Earth Observation market selling Satellite Images
- Command of English is mandatory plus:
- Working knowledge of French for Africa Market
- 2+ years of working experience in a similar role
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Ability to cope with the pressure of a target driven environment
- Professional demeanor, selling style, and appearance.
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-visit planning, account development, and time and territory management.
- Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers.
- Strong knowledge of relevant sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
- Familiarity with market and ongoing or upcoming projects in the applicable Region
Available to travel internationally on a regular basis