UrtheCast Corp. is a Vancouver-based technology company that serves the rapidly evolving geospatial and geoanalytics markets with a wide range of information-rich products and services. UrtheCast is growing and is shaping the future of earth observation. We provide the world with next-generation Earth Observation data using our growing system of space-based sensors. Our Crew members consider themselves agents of change as they work to provide Earth imagery and video data that enables heightened geospatial analysis. With that data, we build our products and services to help everyone — citizens, businesses, and governments alike — make advances in areas ranging from high-tech precision agriculture and forestry resource management, to the monitoring of humanitarian relief efforts. This type of large-scale change requires near-constant technological iteration and innovation, so UrtheCast continues to initiate unprecedented engineering programs like its planned UrtheDaily™ and OptiSAR™ constellations. Every day, we push the limits of what’s possible in space-based Earth Observation.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer (Tools).
As an UrtheCast Software Engineer (Tools), you will develop tools to facilitate collaboration and create efficiencies for product lifecycle and workflow management processes in the Space Segment Engineering group.
- Creates a roadmap for the continuous integration and deployment of tools and supporting infrastructure
- Gathers requirements from a variety of stakeholders and works closely with them to ensure internal requirements are met
- Applies appropriate analysis and modeling techniques to understand the context and scope of the business/engineering processes and functions to inform the supporting information systems required
- Designs, implements, tests and bug fixes customizations to internal tools (e.g. Alfresco, Aras Innovator, Jama, JIRA, APIs) to support product development workflows
- Participates in design, specification and code reviews of own work
- Creates clear documentation for a variety of tools including detailed requirements and training
- Identifies opportunities to adopt new tools and techniques from the wider industry
- Other duties as required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or computer science
- 1 to 2 years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience in web development, REST API
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- GIT for version control
- LINUX command line tools
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in software system design and object-oriented coding skills
- Strong knowledge of software systems architecture concepts and patterns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to manage and execute with minimal supervision and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to take initiative and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Fast paced, innovative and constantly evolving
What can we offer you?
- Competitive compensation, full benefits and flexible time off
- Great work environment, team and office location
- Great lunch programs will provide you with an opportunity to learn and socialize, and our Friday afternoons will set the right mood for the weekend
- Free gym membership