UrtheCast Corp. is a Vancouver-based technology company that serves the rapidly evolving geospatial and geoanalytics markets with a wide range of information-rich products and services. UrtheCast is growing and is shaping the future of earth observation. We provide the world with next-generation Earth Observation data using our growing system of space-based sensors. Our Crew members consider themselves agents of change as they work to provide Earth imagery and video data that enables heightened geospatial analysis. With that data, we build our products and services to help everyone — citizens, businesses, and governments alike — make advances in areas ranging from high-tech precision agriculture and forestry resource management, to the monitoring of humanitarian relief efforts. This type of large-scale change requires near-constant technological iteration and innovation, so UrtheCast continues to initiate unprecedented engineering programs like its planned UrtheDaily™ and OptiSAR™ constellations. Every day, we push the limits of what’s possible in space-based Earth Observation.
We are currently seeking a Test Engineer.
As an UrtheCast Test Engineer, you will be responsible for developing tools to support the testing and verification of a SAR payload. This will include developing test plans, development of automated test scripts for hardware and software tests, developing regression tests, performing tests and documenting the results to provide feedback to the development team.
Development and Execution of Test Plans and Procedures
- Review and understand the radar’s requirements, design and performance criteria
- Develop methods for testing the radar in a lab environment, writing test cases, completing testing and documenting results
Development of Engineering Ground Support Equipment
- Design and develop automated test methods to support the SAR payload in the development and test environment
- Interfacing with the radar, driving test equipment to generate input stimulus, capture test data, processing and analyzing data to produce test results
Maintenance of AIT Hardware and Software Environment
- Develop, setup and calibrate test tools, equipment and environment
Other Duties as Required
- Assist radar development as applicable, including support of design reviews and long term assembly integration and test planning
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Engineering Physics, or a related discipline
- 1 to 2 years of relevant engineering experience including usage of test equipment and development of software
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Experience developing and testing complex instrumentation
- Software development experience, preferably with Python or a similar scripting language
- Knowledge of how to operate electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, vector network analyzers, etc.
- Experience with Windows, OSX and Linux environments
- Enthusiasm and a desire to learn
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of space system design and verification
- Knowledge of ECSS and NASA standards
- Knowledge of remote sensing, specifically SAR
- Radio Frequency and Microwave theory and test experience
- Jira/Confluence and Agile development
- Labview experience
- Experience with automated regression testing frameworks
- Fast-paced, open-concept, always changing
What can we offer you?
- Competitive compensation, full benefits and flexible time off
- Great work environment, team and office location
- Great lunch programs will provide you with an opportunity to learn and socialize, and our Friday afternoons will set the right mood for the weekend
- Free gym membership