UrtheCast Corp. is a Vancouver-based technology company that serves the rapidly evolving geospatial and geoanalytics markets with a wide range of information-rich products and services. UrtheCast is growing and is shaping the future of earth observation. We provide the world with next-generation Earth Observation data using our growing system of space-based sensors. Our Crew members consider themselves agents of change as they work to provide Earth imagery and video data that enables heightened geospatial analysis. With that data, we build our products and services to help everyone — citizens, businesses, and governments alike — make advances in areas ranging from high-tech precision agriculture and forestry resource management, to the monitoring of humanitarian relief efforts. This type of large-scale change requires near-constant technological iteration and innovation, so UrtheCast continues to initiate unprecedented engineering programs like its planned UrtheDaily™ and OptiSAR™ constellations. Every day, we push the limits of what’s possible in space-based Earth Observation.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Coordinator.
As an UrtheCast Administrative Coordinator, you will be responsible for a full range of administrative support including reception, mail, meeting coordination, organizing catering, space planning, building relations, maintaining the office, expense reconciliation and maintaining filing systems.
- First point of contact for corporate staff and visitors
- Answer phones, schedule calendar, set up meetings, correspondence, greet guests and maintain sign in procedures, mail distribution, courier and booking loading bay
- Book flights and hotel, car rentals, visa applications
- Order office supplies, stock kitchen, organize catering, implement office procedures and policies, building relations, maintain office services, coordinate meeting room schedule, assist with onboarding of new staff
- Insure office is maintained and in good order, communicate any maintenance concerns with the appropriate party
- Insure the kitchen is clean, in good working order and stocked at all times
- Set up social hour and assist with lunch program implementation and daily set up
- Assist with expense reports, preparing documentation, maintain corporate information and liaise with different departments
- Implementation of office policies and procedures
- Plan company events and outings while working with the Office and Events Manager
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary business degree or diploma, advantageous
- 2 + years administrative, customer service or business experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge with PC, Mac and online collaboration tools
- Ability to take initiative and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong time management and attention to detail
- Organizational, research and problem-solving skills
- Interest and flexibility in fulfilling multiple roles
- Outstanding business acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Strong customer service orientation
Fast-paced, open-concept, always changing
ABOUT THE TEAM:
UrtheCast’s Software Administrative Department is a team of highly motivated professionals who thoroughly enjoy our work. We are looking for a new team member who is detail orientated, motivated, diligent, enthusiastic and uses their initiative.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive compensation, full benefits and flexible time off
- Great work environment, team and office location
- Great lunch programs will provide you with an opportunity to learn and socialize, and our Friday afternoons will set the right mood for the weekend
- Free gym membership