UrtheCast Corp. is a Vancouver-based technology company that serves the rapidly evolving geospatial and geoanalytics markets with a wide range of information-rich products and services. UrtheCast is growing and is shaping the future of earth observation. We provide the world with next-generation Earth Observation data using our growing system of space-based sensors. Our Crew members consider themselves agents of change as they work to provide Earth imagery and video data that enables heightened geospatial analysis. With that data, we build our products and services to help everyone — citizens, businesses, and governments alike — make advances in areas ranging from high-tech precision agriculture and forestry resource management, to the monitoring of humanitarian relief efforts. This type of large-scale change requires near-constant technological iteration and innovation, so UrtheCast continues to initiate unprecedented engineering programs like its planned UrtheDaily™ and OptiSAR™ constellations. Every day, we push the limits of what’s possible in space-based Earth Observation.
We are currently seeking a System Analyst (SAR).
As an UrtheCast System Analyst (SAR), you will be responsible for performing analysis of Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) system analysis within the UrtheCast OptiSAR Constellation program.
- Work in a team environment on a range of specific analysis tasks (feasibility analysis, refinement, optimization) supporting the VP of SAR Engineering
- Participate in brainstorming to design new modes of operation, and to optimize system performance, functionality, and customer applicability
- Analysis and modeling of SAR specific algorithms, and Beams/Modes
- Support Systems Engineering efforts to define requirements and implement solutions using in-house ‘building blocks’
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or equivalent. PhD is preferable
- 5 years of image processing and system engineering experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Experience with System Engineering process and techniques
- Fluency with Matlab and Python or C++ is a must
- Applied mathematical / engineering / science background
- Experience in complex algorithm design and implementation
- Self-starter and ability to lead with minimum supervision
- Attention to detail and ability to take direction
- Eager to improve on efficiency and capabilities
- Ability to take initiative and thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Proficiency in Mac OS and Microsoft Windows
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Knowledge of space systems / engineering an asset
- Strong multi-project coordination, organizational and research skills
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, planning and problem solving skills
- Interest and flexibility in fulfilling multiple roles
WORK ENVIRONMENT/ TRAVEL:
- Fast-paced, open-concept, constantly evolving
- Infrequent travel may be required
What can we offer you?
- Competitive compensation, full benefits and flexible time off
- Great work environment, team and office location
- Great lunch programs will provide you with an opportunity to learn and socialize, and our Friday afternoons will set the right mood for the weekend
- Free gym membership